Senior Transmission Engineer
- West Power Energy is looking for a Senior Transmission Line Engineer in our San Diego area office in La Jolla, CA to support our growing Transmission & Distribution practice. This is a permanent and full-time position (40 hours per week)
The successful candidate will be involved in all facets of transmission line routing and design and be the technical lead on transmission line projects.
- Routing and design of transmission lines utilizing Power Line Systems software,
- Sag tension calculation for transmission tower loading. Structure design and analysis and preparing loading trees,
- Developing design criteria and specifications for the transmission line design and procurement of materials,
- Project cost estimating and quality control reviews.
- Should be familiar with industry codes and standards and have experience as the technical lead on projects.
- Assist Engineer of Record in preparing construction documents including plan and profile drawings, structure loading trees, and foundation and assembly drawings.
- Assist Engineer of Record in preparing specifications and project design criteria. Provide construction support for high voltage transmission line project.
- Looking for a seller-doer with the ability to develop client relationships. Provide technical leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members. Provide field support during construction
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in civil or structural engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum 8 years in transmission line design and field transmission construction experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous consulting experience preferred. PLS-CADD expertise preferred, including PLS-Pole and PLS-Tower.
Travel may be required up to 10% of the time
If you are interested in applying, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Career@westpowerenergy.com or fill the following form and upload resume.