Senior Transmission Engineer
- WestPower Energy Consulting Ltd. is looking for a Senior Transmission Line Engineer in our Burnaby, B.C. office to support our growing Transmission & Distribution practice. This is a permanent and full-time position (40 hours per week), offering an annual salary between $85,000 and $108,000.00 CAD. Benefits include RRSP contribution and extended health and dental coverage.
The successful candidate will be involved in all facets of transmission line routing and design and be the technical lead on transmission line projects.
- Routing and design of transmission lines utilizing Power Line Systems software,
- Sag tension calculation for transmission tower loading. Structure design and analysis and preparing loading trees,
- Developing design criteria and specifications for the transmission line design and procurement of materials,
- Project cost estimating and quality control reviews.
- Should be familiar with industry codes and standards and have experience as the technical lead on projects.
- Assist Engineer of Record in preparing construction documents including plan and profile drawings, structure loading trees, and foundation and assembly drawings.
- Assist Engineer of Record in preparing specifications and project design criteria. Provide construction support for high voltage transmission line project.
- Looking for a seller-doer with the ability to develop client relationships. Provide technical leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members. Provide field support during construction
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in civil or structural engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum 8 years in transmission line design and field transmission construction experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous consulting experience preferred. PLS-CADD expertise preferred, including PLS-Pole and PLS-Tower.
Travel may be required up to 10% of the time
If you are interested in applying, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fill the following form and upload resume if interested.