Proposals & Project Manager Assistant
- Job Description
This position supports engineering and construction projects by providing assistance to the Proposals & Project Manager and project team with preparation of proposals, and administrative project support as requested.
Some of the day to day tasks under direction of Proposals and Project Manager will include but not limited to the following:
- Assist Development of the Proposal Plan and to review of proposals before submission.
- Prepare bid documents as per requested scope of work.
- Prepare required documents per each RFQ.
- Submit proposals as per assigned deadline.
- Coordinates proposal process, following standard procedures, including planning, review, and production of statements of qualifications and proposals.
- Gather and research information to include in proposals, including resumes and project summaries.
- Organize and attend pre-bid meetings and conferences as required.
- Reviews, organizes, and edits written documentation to improve clarity.
- Provides final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Search for the platforms and biding sources to get relevant RFP/Q
- Oversee maintenance of asset library, including resumes, project descriptions, graphics, photos, and boilerplate information.
- Setup official proposal kickoff meeting and manage the development of graphics and visuals.
- Support the development of metrics, including change orders, safety, budget, schedule, diversity goals, and community involvement activities.
- Track status of projects and produce monthly progress reports. Maintain tracking system for projects.
- Update record copies, engineering project documentation and changes.
- Provide information to facilitate questions regarding projects and prepare research information.
- Record minutes from Project Manager/team meetings.
- Type memos, correspondence, reports and other documents, as requested.
- Reserve conference rooms and coordinate client, vendor and/or supplier presentations, meetings, and interviews, including set-up and cleanup.
- Schedule and set-up client interviews, candidate interview, presentations and other meetings as requested.
- Ability to collaborate with Project Executives, Project Manager and relevant consultants in the proposal preparation process.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities / tasks and possess strong organizational skills.
- This position is highly communication-based; strong and effective communication, writing, and computer skills are essential.
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Provide support to project on as needed basis, for example document uploads, document control, file set ups, project meeting arrangement and coordination.
- Coordination of iternal technical training sessions for the project team
- Prepare minutes of meetings, internal and external meeting
Here are some qualities/backgrounds that find are related to being successful in this group:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business administration is preferred
- Engineering background is preferable
- Minimum of two years experience in proposal filed, with strong knowledge of RFP and proposal process is required.
- Extensive knowledge of the Request For Information and Request for Proposal process in the engineering industry both from a private and public sector perspective, including previous experience developing and coordinating responses to RFPs.
- Candidates must possess strong organizational skills and a strategic perspective.
- Proficient in the use of basic computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), share points, and other platforms.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent written and oral English Language communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced business environment adhering to deadlines as well as last-minute tasks with narrow time restrictions.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Additional Information:
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape our growing company. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our team and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow. Our values guide our work. Want to join us? We are safe. We are one team. We act with integrity. We respect our staff and client. We are forward thinking. West Power Energy is an equal opportunity employer.